House of Dust (2013)



What a long day I had cutting my mothers grass so the yard is done before she returns from her trip to Paris. While I was able to knock some of it out on the riding mower, between the heat and the push mower sections, it definitely drained me. Now, it is time to relax and knock out my next review on the 2013 supernatural flick House of Dust.


Plot/ College students exploring an abandoned insane asylum accidentally shatter canisters holding the cremains of former mental patients. Inhaling the dusty ash filling the air, they are soon possessed by the souls once held within them. One is a convicted serial killer from 1950.


This was a movie that called to me. While I did not expect a masterpiece, I was excited about the storyline and it actually provided something better than I I expected. Yes, this movie is not perfect with some slow pacing, head scratching moments, and possibly a little more action. The film did have some solid acting, decent effects for a low budget entry and a layered story that provided some depth. In the end, this may not be a run out and buy it entry, but it was an entertaining flick. Sure, it is not the best in the genre, but it is far from the worst. If you have some time and it pops up in front of you, give it a shot!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)