Grave Encounters 2 (2012)



Yesterday when I took a break from my homework for my Digital Literacy class, I decided to watch some mindless flicks on Netflix. Luckily, the kids left me alone, so I had enough time for two flicks. While neither is truly memorable in the long run, there was some debate on which one to review first. After some thought, I decided on Grave Encounters 2 from 2012.


Plot/ A film student who is obsessed with the movie Grave Encounters sets out with his friends to visit the psychiatric hospital depicted in the original film.


This was a sequel that I had mixed feelings about for a long time before deciding to watch it. Sequels to found footage films are usually difficult to pull off, and that was evident in this one. Sure, it is not terrible, as the storyline had potential to a point and there were some weird moments, but nothing groundbreaking. Unfortunately, everything felt clichéd, with a lack of characterization and development, some disjointed dialogue and the acting did not measure up to the original. In fact, none of it measured up to the original, something that dooms this right out of the gate. In the end, there are some entertaining spots and it is far from the worst of its kind. If you are a fan of the original or found footage flicks, check it out, but be warned it is far from perfect. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)