Zombie Night (2013)



As the Christmas holiday draws closer, it is always fun to stay up and enjoy some decent horror flicks with my extra time off from the institute. Of course, this also means that the daughters help steer my selections (Mortal Instruments, Percy Jackson). Luckily for me, I was able to find a zombie flick that was somewhat entertaining (for me and Jillian), the 2013 entry Zombie Night. 


Plot/ Zombies come out at night and two families must survive until morning.


The SyFy Channel flick from The Asylum is the typical low budget creation from the pairing. Yes, it does boast a better cast than usual, this one suffers many of the same flaws that frequent their collaborations. While this one was much better than the last flick from The Asylum that I reviewed, it is far from perfect. Some of the performances are decent, the zombie make-up is decent and the storyline has some interesting parts mixed in. Sure, it does have some cliched moments, there is very little plot, it is disjointed in places, and the ending was strange, but again, this was from The Asylum. In the end, I did watch the unrated version, which may make a difference, but this is far from the worst movie in the genre and actually one of the more entertaining flicks from The Asylum I have watched in some time. Yes, it has some issues, but it is definitely a family-friendly zombie flick that is watchable. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)