Mad Doctor of Blood Island (1968)



If you have read my blog, you would already know that I love classic exploitation cinema. There was something about those and the cheap slashers of the 1980s that just draw me in. Usually, I ensure I watch some heading into Halloween, but this year, I went a different direction and stayed in a more modern realm. However, this week I needed to quench that thirst, and decided to watch the 1968 flick Mad Doctor of Blood Island.


Plot/ A man who loves to travel, travels to an island where a mad doctor is creating zombies.


Personally, I love older exploitation flicks and this one was a blast. Shot in the Philippines, this classic example of vintage drive-in schlock was one of the more entertaining movies I have seen in some time. While there are many technical issues, it was actually a lot better than I imagined before diving into it. The scripting is paced and made sense, the scenery was amazing, the performances were better than most (for the genre and era) and there was enough blood, gore and guts to make me smile (with some boobs as well). Sure, the creatures were not great and there were some questionable cinematography/editing issues when the creature came out, but those are to be expected. In the end, this was a solid example of the awesome horror/exploitation films that made that era great, if you have not seen it give a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)