Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (2010)



I have finally recovered from the Steelers heartbreaking loss this weekend, and I have been refreshed by teaching my first two lessons at PIA. So, it is time to get back into the swing of things with a review of the 2010 remake Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark.


Plot/ A young girl sent to live with her father and his new girlfriend discovers creatures in her new home who want to claim her as one of their own.


I will admit, when I saw this had an R rating, I was excited, especially being a fan of Guillermo del Toro's work. Unfortunately, this one did not do it for me like some of the other films he has been involved with. This one seemed to have way too many plot holes and head scratching moments. Yes, there were some good parts with decent acting, a dark tone and a touch of violence. However, it just seemed to be lacking something that would make it something special. In the end, it had some unnerving moments, and I did like the ending, but I would much rather watch the original than watch that version again. You can check it out if you want, but be warned, there are definitely better choices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)