Murder By Death (1976)


I decided to venture back to my youth and watch a classic. I remember staying at my grandmother’s on weekends when this flick graced the Midnight Movies, my uncles and I would stay up and laugh. What movie? The 1976 Neil Simon classic Murder By Death.


Plot/ Five famous literary detective characters and their sidekicks are invited to a bizarre mansion to solve an even stranger mystery.


Let me start by saying, if you have not seen this film, what are you waiting for. This is not only a great comedy, it is an interesting mystery that plays well with all of the twists and turns that many movies wish they had. It is also a great example of what can be done when you combine a great script with a fantastic cast (not to mention that an ensemble cast can work). The acting is solid throughout and the cinematography creates a wonderful atmosphere. Honestly, there is very little wrong with this. Yes, there are some uneven moments and some of the characters are not used to their fullest potential, but this is still a MUST SEE!


Comments

  1. This is my favorite comedy of all time, I first saw this it when I was small, and then several later I watched it again and I still love it. The cast was the best you could put together in that time. You can watch it over and over and always pick up something funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)