Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)


Nothing like a bit of strange happenings to help make dinner entertaining, no, not real ones, just some made up scares. Fortunately, this was tame enough for everyone. What is it? It is 2010s Paranormal Activity 2.


Plot/ After experiencing what they think are a series of "break-ins", a family sets up security cameras around their home, only to realize that the events unfolding before them are more sinister than they seem.


After rewatching to first one last night, maybe I was too prepared for what this film had in store. While I found the first movie was as an interesting endeavor with the videocam style documentation of the strange goings-on in a suburban house, I was under whelmed by the security camera footage in this installment. In fact, I was not really impressed by much of this flick. The pacing was slow, the acting uneven and the plot was really just blah, although not a totally bad idea for a sequel. Yes, the scenes with the toddler were appealing; it really lacked substance and excitement as a whole. Hopefully, the epilogue statement does not hint at they are actually considering a third installment of Paranormal Activity, I do not think there is much more that can be pulled from this concept.


Comments

  1. I'm going to have to agree with you. I thought the first movie was charming...but the second movie was just more of the same. Yawn. *shrug* But all in all, it wasn't a terrible movie...just very predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was pretty underwhelmed by this movie too. I didn't even see the original, although I did see The Asylum's 'Paranormal Entity.'

    I'll say this too- that ending...stupid as hell.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)