Blade Runner 2049 (2017)




I know, I got rolling with the blog and then drifted off. I didn’t mean to, but I was in the middle of finishing up a contract for some radio-drama’s and needed to focus on those. While I was working though, I was able to watch a few flicks. One of those was the 2017 sci-fi entry Blade Runner 2049.


Plot/ A young blade runner's discovery of a long-buried secret leads him to track down former blade runner Rick Deckard, who's been missing for thirty years.


As a fan of the original Blade Runner, I decided to stay away from this one for a while. Unfortunately, I discovered that was a huge mistake and should have embraced this film from the start. Even as a long movie, this one pulled me in and made me want to watch and see what happened throughout the layered story line. At the same time, I could see why there were some complaints, as it was not quite the action film the trailer popularized, and some could find it a bit slow. For me, the outstanding cinematography provided the perfect vehicle for the story, allowing both the light and dark of this world to come to life seamlessly, the performances were solid, and the cast did a great job at bringing everything together in a way that would appeal to fans of the original and those who never experienced the 1982 classic. Yes, the run time and lack of action may turn some people off, but those are only small issues and are easily overlooked. In the end, any sci-fi fan should not only enjoy this film, they should demand that same quality at of all films in the genre. This is one of the best sci-fi films to come out in some time and it is a movie that must be seen. If you haven’t watched it yet, you are really missing out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)