The Shrine (2010)



After taking a night off to play some Diablo III, I decided to get back into the swing of the season with something different. After some internal debate, I decided to watch The Shrine from 2010, a flick I should have watched a long time ago.


Plot/ A group of young journalists investigate a cult said to practice human sacrifice, but their ambitious ways may lead them to becoming the cult's next victims.


I have had this movie on my viewing list for some time, and finally sat down to watch it tonight. I am glad that I did. While there were some cliché moments, for the most part it had an intriguing storyline that actually feature a couple of unexpected twists. On top of that, there were some solid performances, the characters worked, the right amount of blood, and a darker atmosphere than I expected (playing without subtitles worked well). Unfortunately, the lack of subtitles in some areas will drive some people away, and they should not feel that way as it adds some realism to the flick, and yes, the characters do make some dumb decisions (this is a horror movie), but those are just minor issues. In the end, this one was a lot better than I expected and was an interesting indie flick that kept me entertained. Sure, it is not perfect, but what movie is. If you have not seen it, give it a shot; just be warned, it is not all in English.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)