The Dark Side of the Moon (1990)


Last night I decided to take a break from the blog. I was honestly burnt out from debating people on twitter about the status of our Constitution and the actions that are taking place to infringe on out rights. Of course, it could have also been due to the headache that was caused by the whiteout condition I faced as I headed to the video store. That snowstorm sucked. Today, I decided jump back into the swing of things with a 1990 cult classic, The Dark Side of the Moon.
Plot/ It is the year 2022. A mysterious systems failure causes the crew of a spaceship to be stranded on the dark side of the moon, while rapidly running out of fuel and oxygen. They are surprised to discover a NASA space shuttle floating in space, and board it in the hope of salvaging some supplies. One by one, the crew is possessed and killed,
It is funny, I do not remember hearing about or seeing this flick when it came out in 1990. It is a shame, for I would have probably enjoyed it even more if I would have caught it then. Do not get me wrong, I enjoyed it. While some of the plot seemed a bit cliché, there was a lot to like about the interesting and weaving storyline. Technically, it was a solid film with decent acting, excellent cinematography and a dark dreary atmosphere that fit the premise perfectly. Sure, they may have bit off more than they could chew with demonic possessions, Satan, space shuttles and the Bermuda Triangle, but that is what a good “B Movie” does. Yes, there were some characterization issues, some moments feel outdated and some of the plot was incoherent, but to me it worked. In the end, this movie is entertaining and often goes overlooked. If you enjoy Sci-Fi / Horror flicks, give this vintage B Movie a shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)