Basket Case (1982)


Alright, I actually could not find anything last night that would have helped me quench my craving for pre-rapture viewing. So, I went in a totally different direction, I decided on the 1982 low-budget classic Basket Case  for my evening entertainment.


Plot/ A young man carrying a big basket that contains his deformed Siamese-twin brother seeks vengeance on the doctors who separated them against their will.


This may not be a perfect flick, but that is not to say that it be any means a bad flick. Yes, there is some poor acting and everything may not be technically sound, but honestly, this is a work of genius. The characterization is amazing, the script intelligent and there are a lot of creepy and horror-filled scenes throughout. In fact, the atmosphere does a great job at transporting the viewer through the entire spectrum of emotion, until you are almost rooting for the cute little bugger in the basket. Yes, some of the effects are dated and poor, but hell, on that budget what more could you expect. In the end, this is a great exploitation type film, full of enough gore, grunge and commentary to satisfy any type of craving. Watch this one, it is worth it.


Comments

  1. Man, Basket Case is a true classic....
    You can't go wrong with it.

    ...Although, I must say that I think the sequels kind of lost the magic of the original.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)