Frightmare (1983)


After spending Saturday in a Zombie mindset, I decided to go with something different last night. My choice was the 1983 homage horror Frightmare with Jeffrey Combs and now released by Troma.


Plot/ The film follows a group of drama students who decide to kidnap the corpse of a recently deceased horror movie star. Unfortunately, by disrupting his tomb, the kids have released an ancient black magic that begins consuming them one by one.


While I was excited to see the Troma Logo and the name Jeffrey Combs on this at the start, I soon realized that this was definitely not typical Troma as I did not get the satisfaction that I usually get from their flicks. The movie had its moments like some decent cinematography, the lead character, Ferdy Mayne is well cast as the horror icon, and there is a touch of creepy atmosphere. However, that is about where the positives end. The pacing is terrible and the movie creeps slowly, most of the characters are rigid, the audio quality is dreadful and most of the kills are just blah. In the end, this low-budget 1980s flick was watchable but nothing more. Watch at your own risk!


Comments

  1. I would def check this out. The poster alone would of had me hooked in. I'm a sucker for a good horror movie poster lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)