Kick-Ass (2010)

  
I decided to truly change things up last night (at least for a few hours). My choice for the evening (well, late night) was 2010s Super Hero romp Kick-Ass.


Plot/ Dave Lizewski is an unnoticed high school student and comic book fan with a few friends and who lives alone with his father. His life is not very difficult and his personal trials not that overwhelming. However, one day he makes the simple decision to become a super-hero even though he has no powers or training.


When I decided to change things up last night, I never expected to find such a quality all-around flick. This was truly a movie that had so much more to offer than what the original trailers demonstrated. The script was amazing, combining graphic violence and comedy almost seamlessly. The effects, cinematography, soundtrack were very good, but the acting and characterization is what truly set this apart (especially Hit-Girl). This movie really was not what I expected, in fact, it was a lot more than I expected. Yes, some elements may not be for everyone and the storyline may turn some people off, but it is truly one of the better movies to hit the screen in some time and should be enjoyed.


Comments

  1. Hey first time visitor here. No argument from me. Nice write up. I hear tell a sequel is already in the works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)