Sasquatch Odyssey: The Hunt for Bigfoot (1999)


For my last post for Cryptozoology Week, I decided to venture back into the world of the documentary. Throughout the years, thousands of documentaries have been made in search of this nomadic creature. Finally, one has been made that sheds a totally new light on the subject and may be the best documentary ever made on the subject. Sasquatch Odyssey: The Hunt For Bigfoot is a pleasure for a crypto lover. Never have I seen a movie that shows so many different theories and points of views. Every possible answer for Bigfoot is not only mentioned but also researched. Even the skeptics have a chance to state their idea of what the Bigfoot is.

The documentary keeps the movie fun and light by throwing in different movie clips of ape monsters, an interesting twist with all the pop-culture surrounding the Bigfoot phenomenon. Along with all these clips, we see the story of four prominent Bigfoot researchers and the stories behind how they got involved in the Bigfoot field. These stories of how things began in this field so caught my attention that I had to look them up as soon as the movie was over.

Overall if you have any interest in Bigfoot, or just Cryptozoology in general, this movie is a must see. You will never find a movie that goes so in depth into the whole story of the Bigfoot hunter as this movie does. It was definitely a pleasure to finally see a movie do this field such justice.

Comments

  1. I actually own this one. I'd like to add to my collection some of those 70s classics that got me totally into BF! I remember when the documentaries came to the theaters back then (no, not Legend of Boggy Creek--not really documentary so much as a total snoozefest). I am the biggest BF documentary addict. Sometimes on the weekend, I just run them back to back. Okay, I'm a dork. Glad you covered this one. It was pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)