Mom (1991)

 

It was Mother’s Day, and how could I go through a holiday without enjoying a flick geared toward the holiday. With that in mind, I was lucky enough to stumble upon 1991s horror comedy Mom.


Plot/ During a time when the city of Los Angeles is terrorized by animal attack style murders, a kindly elderly lady provides a nomad with room and board. It turns out that he is a werewolf and is responsible for the recent killings. He bites the elderly woman, turning her into a hungry werewolf. Now her adult son must try to prevent the both of them from doing any more harm.


I have to admit, I was actually pretty surprised by this flick, it was a lot better than I expected. Yes, it definitely seemed like the title was a bit off, but I understood it. There were some bad moments and the cinematography could have been better. However, there were more good moments than bad. The acting is solid, the characters and script were decent and it definitely had a few shots of gore. It was sure a different take on the horror comedy creature feature. In all, this was a pretty good flick and an awesome way to close Mother’s Day.


Comments

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. The idea really appeals to me -- I'm surprised I've never heard of it before. I'll check it out, thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)