The Chosen One: Legend of the Raven (1998)


Before I get to my review of FrightWorld, I decided to review the second film from my late night evening Troma’s The Chosen One: Legend of the Raven from 1998.


Plot/ When a serial killer mysteriously and savagely murders a young Indian woman in rural Los Angeles county, her sister McKenna must replace her as the keeper of an amulet, the sacred crescent. Reluctantly, McKenna accepts the role of chosen one. With the amulet and after the rigors of the ritual, she takes on the spirit and powers of the raven, the good forces in the battle against evil, the wolf.


One of the things that I love when I sit down to watch a Troma flick is their truly amazing disregard for political correctness. They are original and do not care what mainstream people think. Yes, many movies lack the major production values, but they still provide entertaining flicks while giving a voice to the independent cinema. While this is not a great (OK maybe even good) super hero movie, it was interesting. While absurd, especially the fascination with milk, there was a comic factor that overtook the film. Do not get me wrong, you laugh at the movie and its illogical moments, poor script, uneven acting and strange plot more than with it, but it is mindless fun. All of that and I have not even mentioned Carmen Electra’s awesome Super Hero Costume, awesome! I am sure that many critical reviewers will hate this flick, but I liked it and I liked it a lot. I am not saying it is a masterpiece ot even as good as some of Troma’s Classics, but it is kind of fun. Will I watch it again? Maybe in a few years, but it is not so bad that I would never watch it again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)