Dark House (2009)

  
When searching for a movie last night, I was excited to see that Showtime had added some new flicks. My choice for the evening was one of the entries in the Fangoria Frightfest, 2009s Dark House starring horror icon Jeffrey Combs.


Plot/ A troupe of actors hired for a haunted house attraction soon find that they are working in a true house of horror.


Being the first flick from the Fangoria Frightfest, I had no idea what to expect. What I found was straight mindless B-Movie horror using cliché storylines and special effects to create scares and atmosphere. Yes, this movie had its flaws, uneven (some over-the-top) acting, some bad CGI and some terrible dialogue. However, there was something about the cliché story that I actually enjoyed, not to mention a solid amount of gore and decent effects (not CGI). Sure, this is not a great flick by any means, but it is an entertaining romp that has some pretty good moments much like the remakes of House on Haunted Hill and Thirteen Ghosts. If you liked those, this one is definitely for you!


Comments

  1. I enjoyed this movie, doesn't break any new ground but kept me interested, Throw in a little twist and of course Jeffrey combs fun watch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)