Apartment 143 (2011)

 
 
After getting home late from a football game, one where my daughter’s high school band rocked as the WPXI Band of the Week, I decided to kick back from my long day. At first, I could not decide on anything as the subject matter was all over the place in my head. This is such a great time of the year and as we sit less than two weeks from Halloween, the unknown is all around us. In the end, I decided on something in the paranormal or supernatural world, Apartment 143 (AKA Emergo) from 2011.
 
 
Plot/ A team of parapsychologists try to figure out a strange phenomenon occurring in an apartment building.
 
 
Found footage films are often a hard watch, featuring a ton of cliché, underdeveloped characters, and quickly derived storylines that take away from any of the potential that a movie had. However, to my surprise, this one was a bit different. Sure, it had some cliché moments, but the idea was original and the storyline was interesting. On top of that, while the acting was not great, it was believable and the characterization made what was there even better. Sure, there were some points that were unbelievable, but that failed to influence the overall feel. In the end, this one definitely one of the best-found footage films I have seen, it is interesting, it has some atmosphere, and it has a realism that some lack. With Halloween just around the corner, this would be a great film to check out.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)