I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)

 
 
After completing my review yesterday on I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, I realized that I had not actually reviewed the first in the sequence at The Ringmaster’s Realm. I thought I had, as I recently watched it, but must have decided on something different. That being said, I felt I could not truly do the sequel justice without revisiting the original, although I am sure none of my opinions would change.
 
 
Plot/ Four teens are in great danger one year after their car hits a stranger whose body they dump in the sea.
 
 
While this was not the best teen driven slasher of the 1990s, it was at least entertaining. There are some good points as the storyline is decently original, the acting is solid, and there are a few moments of tension. However, even though it was somewhat original, it lacked gore, had poor scripting and was riddled with clichéd red herrings. In the end, it may have been the best of the series, but it is no way near the Scream films it tried to emulate in the marketplace. If you have not seen it yet, there is really no need to search it out.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)