The Tall Man (2012)

 
  
I was really motivated last night by a question last night Jon from SGRA asked in a chat, what constitutes and monster. Honestly, a great question. With that in mind, I was thinking about a historic piece or investigative piece for tonight, but honestly, just did not feel like finding the external hard drive to find one. In time, I will. Until then, I decided to get back to a movie on Netflix that caught my eye last night, The Tall Man.
 
 
Plot/ When her child goes missing, a mother looks to unravel the legend of the Tall Man, an entity who allegedly abducts children.
 
 
 
I had no expectation of this film when I put it in, and what I found was something that I would never have expected. More of a thriller or even mystery than a horror flick, this one was a joy to watch. The acting is good, the storyline  interesting and the characters worked. More importantly, this one had a very heavy atmosphere that permeated throughout. This is simply an excellent movie. It portrays a good story that is cleverly presented. Sure, many hardcore horror fans will not like it because of the lack of terror or gore, but to me, it more than makes up for it with the layered storyline and some creepy moments. I will admit, I did not like the ending, but that is minor. In the end, this was rather entertaining, and a movie that should be seen. If you like mysteries or thrillers, check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)