From Within (2008)

 
 
After watching Inception, I had no idea what to think about the next movie I would watch. Inception was that good, and truly left a surreal impression on me. After some debate inside my mind, I decided the best way to find out, was watch something as I prepared for my new class to start on Friday. My selection for the evening was from the After Dark Horrorfest, From Within.
 
 
Plot/ A small Maryland town is gripped by a curse which causes residents to take their own life one after another.
 
 
When I picked this up, I had no idea what I was about to get into, especially with the movie preceding this being Inception. That being said, what I found was an exceptional flick, and one of the best in the After Dark Horrorfest. In fact, almost everything worked. The storyline was layered and interesting, the acting solid, the cinematography and production values above average, and the atmosphere, aided by the soundtrack was dark and heavy. Sure, the characters and character development seemed to be a struggle throughout, and did take a little bit away from the overall feel of the movie. In the end, this may be more of a  psychological thriller than horror flick, but that does not matter. It is extremely entertaining and a movie that should be watched. If you have not seen it, check it out (especially since it can be had for five bucks in an After Dark Horrorfest 8 movie set). 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)