Ghosts of Mars (2001)

 
 
Today was an extremely dreary day here in Chesapeake, the rain and even thunderstorms made it seem to drag on. With nothing much to do, I decided to find something to watch that would not only fit in to my likes, but also help pass some time. What did I decide on?  I went back to the beginning of the century, and the 2001 Sci-Fi / Horror flick, Ghosts of Mars.
 
 
Plot/ 200 years in the future, a Martian police unit is dispatched to transport a dangerous prisoner from a mining outpost back to justice. However, when the team arrives they find the town deserted and some of the inhabitants possessed by the former inhabitants of the planet.
 
 
When I out this on today, I had no idea on what it would be like or what to expect. Unfortunately, what I found was no what I had hoped for. Sure, it was entertaining, but it could have been a lot better.  The acting was decent, but the characterization, scripting, and the overall feel and atmosphere just did not work. Of course, as some say, John Carpenter movies are an acquired taste, and for the most part, I agree. However, even after some time, this one did not grow on me. In the end, it is somewhat entertaining, and will help pass some time on a dreary day, but it is nothing special.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)