Dark Shadows (2012)



After continuing on breaking down the Hurricane Sandy – HAARP Connection and focusing an effort on Twitter, with some other Patriots, to pressure the media into covering the travesty that is the Benghazi incident, I needed to take a break from reality. These are some dark days in our history, and one can only stay wrapped inside that abyss so long. To find an escape, I turned to Tim Burton and his adaptation of Dark Shadows.  
Plot/ An imprisoned vampire, Barnabas Collins, is set free and returns to his ancestral home, where his dysfunctional descendants are in need of his protection.
I waited on this one because I really was not excited about the previews. Now that I have finally watched it, I have mixed emotions. I actually found the movie a lot more entertaining than I expected from the trailers. The acting was solid, visuals tremendous and the mood was a lot more serious and there was more of a dark flair than comedy. Unfortunately, the flick seemed disjointed as it was not clear whether it was a serious flick or a comedy. The characterization was lacking and that held the overall feeling of the film somewhat in limbo, as there was excessively much going on. In the end, this was better than I expected, but not great. It was entertaining, but there are a lot of other flicks out there that can be enjoyed.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)