The Bucks County Massacre (2010)

 
 
October 1, 2012, that is the beginning of my favorite season of the year. In fact, every year I cannot wait for Halloween to arrive, especially this year, as it is the first one to occur since retiring from the military.  To start my 2012 Halloween Countdown, I could have gone to Apollo 18, which my class and I watched and discussed at length today. However, I have already done that. After some debate, I decided on The Bucks County Massacre from 2010.
 
 
Plot/ A group of friends get together for a 25th birthday party at a remote house in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. After someone goes missing and the police search the premises to no avail, the remaining partygoers are left to wait until morning. With virtually no cell phone reception and no landline, the situation escalates when one frantic friend takes matters into his own hands and ventures off in the woods to find his girlfriend. What they do not know is that someone or some thing is hunting them one by one.
 
 
As a fan of Indie horror and being from Pennsylvania, I wanted so much to like this movie. Actually, I wanted to love this movie. Unfortunately, I did not get any of those feelings from this no matter how much I wanted to. There were some of the usual flaws and good points no-budget horror, like the acting being uneven, the pacing ok, there was some atmosphere and tension and there was a lack of coherence. All items that are somewhat understandable. In fact, the one thing I really liked was the fact that they hid the creature and made the viewer think. However, even with those expected items, there was just so much that could have been different. The storyline focused too much on the party and initial search, leaving roughly 19 minutes of action. Even after the action began, everything was a choppy conglomeration of found footage scenes, which made little to no sense other than something strange was randomly killing these people. It is frustrating, as there was a lot of potential in this one that just did not fall together. In the end, it is somewhat entertaining. While it could have been A LOT better, there are a lot worse out there. That being said, do not break the bank with this one, if you catch it on Netflix or free onDemand, it can help pass a rain soaked evening.

Comments

  1. I thought it was great cause it was different from the really not beliieveable junk like cloverfield and paranormal at this movie was trying to be real and felt pretty real to me,you at least see the killer unlike most other films you see or hear NOTHING.BCM is original for that i give it 4 out of 5 stars.cant wait for part 2

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)